PLEASE NOTE: This blog is a bigotry free zone open to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation. Further, this blog is open to the broad variety of opinions out there and will not delete any comments based upon point of view. However, comments will be deleted if they are worded in an abusive manner and show disrespect for the intellectual process.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!

I know that as I write this post, you will wonder to yourselves--is she paranoid? Of course, just because everyone is talking about you, that doesn't mean you are paranoid! And I am officially not paranoid. I took several psychological tests during my divorce and each of them said, nope, she's not paranoid.

What I'm taking my time bringing up is the question I've heard frequently in my talks with other people. Is it true, they ask, that right from the beginning of a case both attorneys meet together and decide what the outcome is going to be in advance--they've decided who is going to win, and they've decided how much each person is going to get from the marital assets, and they've decided how much the attorneys will get, and it doesn't matter how much you talk, how much you urge your attorney to act differently, or how long it takes to get through the litigation, they'll just go along with the agreement they arrived at with the other attorney within a day or two of getting your case no matter what.

This is pretty plausible given that, in the state of CT, divorce lawyers are a closed, intimate group that interact with each other all the time, often over a period years. They know all the clerks and they know all the judges and they know your case because they've retried it multiple times over the years; its just that the litigants' names change, if you know what I'm saying.

Plus, they've got a few favors to take and give back.

They know their way around much faster than you do, they know how to build you up and take you back down. In short, if you think it is all a set up, I'd bet you aren't far wrong. Prove the case for me guys!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with this. As far as I'm concerned all these lawyers are into it for the money. Don't trust any one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What bothers me is that I've heard that lawyers will raise false issues, keep on stirring up trouble just so they can get people to continue arguing. All for money. Most divorces in CT take over a year to litigate. There's no need for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I think it isn't just the lawyers who are the problem, it's the mental health professionals as well. They are just as bad. I know there is a book out called "Whores of the Court" and its all about the mental health profession's involvement in family court. Whores is just the right word for them.

    ReplyDelete