PLEASE NOTE: This blog is a bigotry free zone open to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation. Further, this blog is open to the broad variety of opinions out there and will not delete any comments based upon point of view. However, comments will be deleted if they are worded in an abusive manner and show disrespect for the intellectual process.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

LIE DETECTOR TESTS

I don't know about you, but generally I'm a pretty honest person. It's my strict upbringing. I can't help it. As a child, if I was ever caught in a lie I had to wash my mouth out with soap. I can still taste it today when I think about it.

Thus, it was a bit of a surprise during my divorce to have so many people tell so many lies--lawyers, judges, mental health professionals, my ex,--well, with my ex he was always a pathological liar, so that was no surprise. The surprise was to find so many other people doing it. Who would have guessed that would be such a big problem during a divorce!

So, here's the deal, if people are lying about you and what you are supposed to have done, why not consider a lie detector test. If it all comes down to "he said, she said", it doesn't hurt to have what you have said bear more weight because it is backed up by lie detector results. If the matter is that important, if your credibility is that important, if what is being said could scuttle all the work you have done thus far, why not go ahead.

I haven't had one so far, but I can tell you I am seriously thinking about one. I've looked up some places online and one company I've connected with is NationwidePolygraphs.com. They use two methods. With the first methods, tests are available day and night including weekends, but what they do is a Voice Stress Test which is not considered scientifically reliable. That's how they get test results within minutes. I wouldn't go for that.

The second method they offer is the regular polygraph exam which takes around two hours and is more scientifically reliable, though not infallible. There are false positives and false negatives, and yes, people believe you can cheat on a polygraph exam, but how well, I'm not so sure. Even with the problems, a polygraph test backing up your version of the story is going to help you.

Lie detector tests are not admissible in Court in the state of Connecticut. However, they will still be quite persuasive with lawyers, mental health professionals and some of the the key decision makers in your case, so definitely consider the possibility if your credibility is in question.

In a divorce case, it is absolutely vital that the people involved in your case know that you are telling the truth and that you are honest. Nothing is more important. So if you need to take a lie detector test to prove that you are honest, it is well worth the money.

As for cost, now that we are talking about it, I believe they cost around $500, but I still have to investigate that more. Let me know what you have experienced and I'll pass that on.

And, just for a caution, don't tell anyone you are going to take a lie detector test until you have passed it with flying colors. You don't need the opposing side to know about any incriminating evidence out there that they can use!

No comments:

Post a Comment