PLEASE NOTE: This blog is a bigotry free zone open to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation. Further, this blog is open to the broad variety of opinions out there and will not delete any comments based upon point of view. However, comments will be deleted if they are worded in an abusive manner and show disrespect for the intellectual process.

Friday, June 5, 2015

SALON WRITER BROOKE ARNOLD TALKS ABOUT OPPRESSION OF WOMEN IN CHRISTIAN CHURCH; IT'S A STANDARD PRACTICE!

Brooke Arnold of "Salon" writes as follows:
"I think if I had known the amount of attention and the intensity of response that my last article for Salon, I could’ve been a Duggar wife: I grew up in the same church, and the abuse scandal doesn’t shock me,” was going to receive, I would not have had the courage to press “send” on the pitch. I assumed that it would be just one more article; one more pebble thrown into the giant ocean of online media. I didn’t imagine that it would cause anything more than a very short-lived ripple. I was very wrong.
Since the article was published, I have received thousands of messages from people who have said: “I thought I was the only one.”
Many of those messages came from people like me who grew up in and around ATI, a fundamentalist Christian organization— some even from people that I had grown up with and not spoken to in a very long time. Sadly, many of those messages also included stories of horrors that far exceeded anything that I experienced..."
For more on this topic, please click on the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment