PLEASE NOTE: This blog is a bigotry free zone open to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation. Further, this blog is open to the broad variety of opinions out there and will not delete any comments based upon point of view. However, comments will be deleted if they are worded in an abusive manner and show disrespect for the intellectual process.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

CALL OUT RE LAWYERS

Ok, Guys. We have been talking about the unique circumstances of victims of domestic violence in the areas of both physical, verbal, and economic abuse. Has anyone in the state of Connecticut WORKED DIRECTLY with lawyers who are skilled in handling these kinds of circumstances?

I mean, specifically, worked with a lawyer or lawyers, because some will advertise as specializing in the field of domestic violence, but, in fact, they know absolutely nothing. Is there anyone you can personally vouch for?

If so, leave the name in the comment section or email me directly at Slopercathy@gmail.com. I will post the names of lawyers who do a good job on this site.

I am doing this because when I was going through my own divorce, the first thing I did was investigate the names of good lawyers in the area of domestic violence and I simply couldn't get any names. I did get some referrals, but these turned out to be excellent lawyers in terms of general divorce, but they were not specialized in the area of domestic abuse.

Lawyers dealing with domestic violence require specialized skills. If they don't have such skills, they will simply not succeed.

So, guys, if you know of anyone, let me know, let us know. We've got to help each other here!

No comments:

Post a Comment