PLEASE NOTE: This blog is a bigotry free zone open to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation. Further, this blog is open to the broad variety of opinions out there and will not delete any comments based upon point of view. However, comments will be deleted if they are worded in an abusive manner and show disrespect for the intellectual process.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

THE TRIUMPH OF LOGIC: OBSERVATIONS ON FALLING SNOW!

I woke up at 5:00a.m. today, took a look outside and it seemed OK--no snow falling.  But when I got online to double check, it said that school had been cancelled for our local school.  That was my first alert. 
 
However, my daughter goes to a CREC School and not a local school, so I still wasn't sure what was going to happen. When I checked my answering machine and the television it still looked as though CREC had not cancelled school. 
 
I went upstairs and I told my daughter the problem and asked her what her opinion is, and what we should do.  She said I don't think I should go to school because the roads are going to be too dangerous and why should we risk it. 
 
I myself have a knee jerk reaction that we should do what the school says.  But considering how slippery it has been outside recently,  I thought that over a bit and then agreed with her.  And wouldn't you know it, at 9:30am I received notification from my daughter's school that they are cancelling school at 10:30am today. 
 
I was like, thank God I listened to my daughter! 
 
I wish that the Family Court would have the same common sense that my daughter has.  She just looked at the situation, sized it up, and then said, nope, that isn't going to work so let's not do it.  She wouldn't think of doing anything or putting any provision into place that would fail in the long run. 
 
For example, the whole business of sharing the expense of a GAL or AMC 50/50 when one side or the other has no money as the result of the divorce action. 
 
Can you get money out of a stone? 
 
What is the sense of demanding that a party that has no money pay thousands and thousands of dollars in attorney's fees which they don't have? 
 
It makes no sense, and yet family court judges make such orders all the time. 
 
What about orders of support that are so low that there is no way that a litigant with children could possibly pay the family bills with that amount?  Then the Court orders the litigant who is getting practically no money to pay exorbitant fees for a psychological evaluation which he or she doesn't have. 
 
What about ordering litigants who are basically broke because of the long, drawn out divorce proceedings to participate in The Peace Program at 50/50 when that program will not accept insurance and requires cash up front?  

Perhaps it would have made better sense to order them into The Peace Program before the money was all gone!
 
When the family court orders litigants to do what they are absolutely not capable of doing and everyone knows they are not capable of doing it, what is the sense to that? 
 
Even my daughter knows better than that! 
 
So no sooner than they arrived, all my daughter's schoolmates are now marching back on the bus to go home.  Meanwhile, she is sitting in front of a crackling fire, curled up on a sofa, drinking hot chocolate with whipped cream and reading a favorite book!

I say, appoint my daughter as judge!  She'd do a much better job than the majority of judges on the bench today!

No comments:

Post a Comment