I obtained the following list of facts from an anonymous mother on the internet. I don't know who originated the information, but it is all profoundly true. See below:
1. Women do not have an advantage in court. That is a lie. Long ago yes - now NOT AT ALL.
*Quit the lie. Statistics show in cases tried in court, women lose 82 percent of the time.
2. Don't leave an abusive marriage if you have children. I'm serious. Don't. Until there are changes in DV, society, etc it is too great of a risk.
3. If a parent - man or woman has stayed home for years - giving up careers etc to raise the kids- then damn right they should get alimony. I suggest NEVER give up your career. Too great of a risk.
4. The truth is NEVER told in court and no one is punished for lies and NO ONE cares. Colleagues, friends, everyone will let you down in court because suddenly they don't want to be involved. Promise. You remind them of incidences and they are afraid. Don't expect help from your church either. They will probably suggest you pray more as though you haven't been doing that for years.
5. People don't care about your struggle. They don't really believe the system is crooked and assume you did something really wrong.....promise.
6. Lawyers do NOT care about you. They instigate and they are friends with opposing counsel and the judge. They talk about your case outside of the court. Promise. They are friends in Facebook, instagram.
7. A settlement, divorce agreement - its merely paper."