PLEASE NOTE: This blog is a bigotry free zone open to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation. Further, this blog is open to the broad variety of opinions out there and will not delete any comments based upon point of view. However, comments will be deleted if they are worded in an abusive manner and show disrespect for the intellectual process.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

IT'S BAD OUT THERE, REALLY, REALLY BAD

With all my conversations about do this or do that or try out the court service center, whatever, you must get the idea that I don't know how bad it is out there, or else my focus would be on just that, how awful it is.
 
Well, the fact is I really know exactly how bad it is out there.
 
Not only have I undergone my own divorce, which was bad enough, I have heard from many people I have met at the courthouse, or from friends I've met along the way, and the stories I'm hearing are terrible.
 

Parents are getting hurt. Their lives are being destroyed and their children are suffering and in pain, or worse
trapped in unsafe circumstances. Many commit suicide because the pain is more than they can bear.
 
 
I do want to spend some time talking about these conditions because unless you are very clear on what is going wrong, you can't start talking about practical solutions. So, I certainly want to spend time on the problems.

 
At the same time, if you focus to much on the negative, if you allow yourself to sit around and think of yourself as a victim, the likelihood is you won't survive the situation well.
 
It is important not to think of the losses all of the time. The focus should be, instead, on ok, here are the losses, what can I do to improve upon the losses, what actions can I take in order to improve my circumstances, no matter how small those actions are.
 
So, yes, I will talk about the problems, but then I'm going to talk about what can you do for yourself. How can you become empowered? How can you strike back, not only for yourself, but for others. That's what the focus is on this blog, not just the despair that comes with injustice, the sense of being made a victim, but also how you can take the power back, take your truth and translated it into winning strategies in Court, so there are days when you can walk out of there with your head high. It can be done, and this blog is about doing it.
 
Whatever I have learned, whatever wisdom I possess I will share with you, and again, this is your blog, this is your community, your family, in the comments section let us know what has worked for you.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad to see you recognize how difficult it is for people, because I was beginning to think you weren't aware of it. You are right that there are a lot of people out there who are suffering because of the family court system.

    ReplyDelete