PLEASE NOTE: This blog is a bigotry free zone open to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation. Further, this blog is open to the broad variety of opinions out there and will not delete any comments based upon point of view. However, comments will be deleted if they are worded in an abusive manner and show disrespect for the intellectual process.

Friday, January 27, 2017

JUDGES QUESTIONNAIRE TO WHICH JUDICIARY COMMITTEE MEMBERS ARE ROUTINELY DENIED ACCESS! WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?







1 comment:

  1. BUT the Judiciary Committee also denies public access to its OWN questionnaire which it submits to judicial candidates that come before it. These questionnaires are not confidential, but the JC attempted to lead me to believe they were, furthering the Judicial Branch's policy of secrecy. I FOIA'd 2 such completed questionnaires returned to the JC by judges who were on my case. I got them through the AG's office after lawyers for the JC refused them to me.
    I found the judges were untruthful in some of their answers. I wrote the JC about one judge's untruthful answer, and got no reply from the JC. I suggest if you want to see a questionnaire of a particular judge submitted to the JC, you should FOIA it from one of the JC members. You can expect to hear from the AG's office about the "speech and debate clause" of the constitution. I'd suggest requesting it when the CGA is not in session--the speech and debate clause doesn't apply then. I expect the GGA and the AG didn't want the spotlight of a FOIA hearing on it, so that's why they gave them to me. It would be a good hearing to have. Maybe you or one of your readers would want to go for it.

    ReplyDelete