PLEASE NOTE: This blog is a bigotry free zone open to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, physical or mental disability, age, or sexual orientation. Further, this blog is open to the broad variety of opinions out there and will not delete any comments based upon point of view. However, comments will be deleted if they are worded in an abusive manner and show disrespect for the intellectual process.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

LEARN! LEARN! LEARN!

I skipped yesterday, so there wasn't anything new and exciting on this blog. Sorry about that. I am hard at work right now. My case in family court rested a week and a half ago and so I've been writing memorandums of law for the judge which support my position. Also, over the weekend, yesterday, and today I have been writing a followup to a grievance complaint I lodged against a former lawyer of mine. The way it goes is, I submitted my original complaint, he responded, and now I am responding to his response. Get it!

By the way, for anyone who has considered filing a grievance with the statewide grievance committee, if you really want the grievance to stick, you really have to take submitting the grievance seriously. That means you don't just scribble out a page or two of a complaint in your own handwriting with no evidence to support your complaint, you have to do what I did which is submit 14 type written single space typed pages and include 35 exhibits. Otherwise, they'll laugh in your face. In my response, which I am now in the middle of writing, I now have 17 single space typed pages plus an additional ten exhibits. Now I'm not saying be as prolific as I am, because I just talk to much. But you do have to present a persuasive and credible narration of the events that occurred with some kind of proof.

Still, I was chuckling as I put this document together. When my ex lawyer whom I'm complaining about took me to trial at civil court regarding his ridiculous bill, I used all of the paperwork he provided to me as the basis for the paperwork I submitted to court to use against him. I copied format, I copied wording, I copied content. I copied his demeanor. I copied everything. The same goes for the opposing attorney in my family court case. In the last four years, I've watched every move she's made, I've listened to all her arguments, observed how she formulated questions, and reviewed all the documents she's produced. In short, everything I know about the law started with her.

So If I know anything about the law, it's thanks to the opposing attorney in my case, and thanks to my own idiot lawyer whom I am now suing using his own techniques. So, what I'm saying is, don't get scared of these guys. If they frighten you, find out how they frightened you, and do the same back to them. If they outsmarted you, figure out how they did it, and do it back. Outsmart them, outthink them, outdo them. Learn! Learn! Learn!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Cathi,
    If I were those lawyers, I'd be very afraid. 17 pages of complaints? That is very very scary. He's probably crapping on himself as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well, possibly LOL. I ended up with 21 pages and it's done. I was so exhausted that I slept for twelve hours straight after completing the document. I have never gone through this grievance process so we'll see what happens. This will be an interesting experiment on whether the process works or not. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do. I've never had first hand experience with this either. So it will be interesting to see what happens. I like the fact that you know break up the paragraphs. Much easier to read. I read the other post about the children not being alright. Sad, isn't it? Sometimes only a mother really can care enough for children. There are many good fathers, of course. But sometimes...

    ReplyDelete